October 21

Blogging Guidelines

Blogging Guidelines

Our class blog allows us to share our learning with local and global communities. Sharing our learning through our class blog provides an excellent opportunity to educate students, parents and other readers on appropriate online behavior.
The following guidelines have been established to ensure the safety of our students when blogging.
  • When writing your blog or comment only use your first name. You may use your initial for your surname but never a full name.
  • Your address, phone number,email address, date of birth and other personal information should never be included on a blog.
  • All comments will be checked and approved by Ellen before they are officially published on a blog.
  • Parents who wish to make a comment on a blog are encouraged to use their first name only to protect the identity of their child. For example after a comment you should write  ”Mary – Michael’s Mum.”
  • When commenting make sure you are respectful, polite and that your comment will not hurt someone’s feelings or offend anyone.
  • All images, videos, music and other peoples work must only be published by following the copyright laws and including attribution to the original owner.
  • All comments on blogs must be proof read first for correct spelling and punctuation such as capital letters, full stops. Always ask for help from an adult to double check your work.
  • Students first names, photos and work may be published on our blog. Any photos published will be anonymous and have no names attached to them.
Please Remember…..
All students are required to complete the permission form which includes the above guidelines before any student is able to publish on a blog.
We would also like to thank  4KM and 4KJ @ Leopold Primary School for giving us great guidelines and starting point to begin our blogging experience.

31 thoughts on “Blogging Guidelines

1. Scarlett

Dear Ellen,
    I have missed you so so so much because you are the best teacher. Mrs Baldwin is really great but I think you are the very best. I’m so sorry for not going on the blog to say hello I have just forgotten because I don’t have that much time. But I hope yo are very happy and having lots of fun. YOU ARE THE BEST!
    From Scarlett

Reply
    1. elleneisenkolb15 (Post author)

Hello Scarlett,
      It has been a little while,hasn’t it. You are very busy indeed almost year five that is amazing. This year has just zipped past hasn’t it. I popped into Grange last week to finally end my teaching as I’ve been on holidays all this time. I do miss my friends but there’s lots to do. I’m not bored at all. Are you getting excited for Christmas? Thank you for your kind words. I shall always remember your big smile. You have a grea end of term, it’s always a fun time and be kind to your Ma And Pa.
      Best wishes Ellen 😘

Reply
    1. elleneisenkolb15 (Post author)

Hi Sophie,
      Nice to hear from you. Fortunately I was checking the school emails as I don’t usually and saw your note. Thanks for thinking of me. How are you going. I have been busy reading today as the weather was not good for playing outside😁. You’ll have to remind me of whose class you are in now as I have forgotten. I do miss my friends at Grange. Tell me what’s been happening.
      Warm regards Ellen

Reply
  2. Anonymous

Dear Ellen,
    I’m really sad because I’m sick and it is nearly my birthday and Christmas.I really want to watch miniscule🤒😘😜

❤️ Scarlett

Reply
    1. elleneisenkolb15 (Post author)

Dear Scarlet,
      Sorry for not getting back to you, I remembered it was your birthday close to Christmas. Unfortunately I was so busy that I nearly didn’t get time to put up our tree. We did it late on the 23rd! I do hope you recovered in time for both big celebrations. Perhaps you need Miniscule to help you get better each time you get ill! 🤔☺️
      I hope you received some lovely things for your birthday and fro Father Christmas. I hope you nd your family enjoyed a fabulous time. I have finally had one day to do nothing that was yesterday and I watched the cric7and read a book! What are you getting up to?
      Warm greetings Ellen

Reply
    1. elleneisenkolb15 (Post author)

Hi Scarlett,
      Oh thank you for that , but I’m sure the best teacher is still yet to come. I will be sad too I have made lots of friends here and I do love all of you in particular. But it’s time for me to leave.
      Love Ellen

Reply
  3. Muenge

Dear Ellen,
    thank you for the peppermints you gave us they were delicious. I will miss you a lot I do hope you can keep the blog going on
    from Muenge

Reply
    1. elleneisenkolb15 (Post author)

Greetings Muenge,
      It’s fun to do something that the characters in the book are also doing. I’m glad no one had a reaction like the Beudilaires. I’m not sure about our blog I wonder what will happen to it> I will have to investigate.
      Cheers Ellen

Reply
  4. emily

Hi Ellen
    I love space it is so cool and it is so big to.so
    I thing that morning maths is fun or good to
    Do to lean your times tables but I do not like
    12 mint run stile but I love art I think it is
    amazing idea to do in class. I hope you
    get well.
    From Emily

Reply
    1. elleneisenkolb15 (Post author)

Greetings Emily,
      Good that you are better I was thinking you also caught this nasty virus. Well being fit is an important part of living so if you can run confidently and without feeling too puffed then that’s a good thing. It may not be enjoyable but you should be able to do that. I know I have to work at running and I am a thousand years old! Yes space is really big I think you will do space again in a big way in year five. I’m sure you can always investigate things for yourself until then. You are an amazing artist have you thought of going to art classes?
      Warm wishes Ellen

Reply
  5. Anonymous

Dear Ellen,
    you are a awesome teacher I really liked our art because theres so much colours and I love your clothes. Hope you get well.

Scarlett

Reply
    1. elleneisenkolb15 (Post author)

Hi Scarlett,
      Thank you for thinking of me. I reckon I’ll be ok soon, colds and viruses are not my favourite friends yet they insist on coming to play with me. I hope they leave soon! MM now which clothes in particular? my t shirts? That is an interesting comment I haven’t had that one before! I hope it wasn’t the dress because I don’t wear them much. How do you feel about next year do you think you are ready? What are you looking forward to?
      Warm wishes Ellen

Reply
    1. elleneisenkolb15 (Post author)

Hi Scarlett,
      I am very better, thanks for enquiring. Yes my husband Peter is fine. He had some small operation on a tooth but he’ll be ok. He just can’t do any exercise for a while. You seem to have recovered very nicely from that awful virus. So, dd you enjoy that illness?
      Cheers Ellen

Reply
  6. Anonymous

Dear Ellen,
    Thank you for looking after me.I hope you are ok I will miss you on Friday.I hope you are feeling better.LOVE Scarlett.

Reply
    1. elleneisenkolb15 (Post author)

Hello Scarlett,
      I am glad you are feeling better, that kind of sickness isn’t very pleasant. I thought you were a great patient. Lots of kids would have been very scared and even crying for their parents. You are a brave little girl. Now that I get to enjoy the virus I know how courageous you were. I miss you all too but I will be back on Monday. Right now I still feel lousy.

If you are at school on Friday there is a little fossil on my table it’s for you. I don’t know which teacher is there but you could ask them to give it to you.
      See you soon. Love Ellen

Reply
  7. Jovan

Dear Ellen
    When I herd Mr potter leaving. I said in my head why is he leaving because I never new the word retiring. I miss Mr potter 🙁

Reply
    1. elleneisenkolb15 (Post author)

Hola Jovan,
      Well it is always good to learn new things and retirement is a great word for old teachers to say because it means that after all their hard work for hundreds of years they can have a rest and do other things. Perhaps it’s time for me to retire? What do you think?
      Regards Ellen

Reply
  8. Lily :) and Lily's mum

Hi Ellen,
    The blog page is a great idea, Lily and I read the site but seem to have trouble with our comments ‘posting’ to the site 🙁 Hopefully this one posts properly so you will know we think the site is awesome!

Reply
    1. elleneisenkolb15 (Post author)

Hi Lily’s Mum,
      welcome to our blog, your comment finally did get through, yay. Sometimes the anti spam device can be problematic. I’m glad you are enjoying learning about the exciting work our class is doing at Grange. As a parent what things would help you connect more with our class we’d love to know. Perhaps we’ll see you games day.
      Warm regards Ellen

Reply
  9. Emilia

Wow, it does take a lot of effort to make and own a blog!

Ellen, do you think it’s easy to own a blog?

Regard Emilia *

Reply
    1. elleneisenkolb15 (Post author)

Hello Emilia, I agree it does take a lot of effort to keep our blog working. If we regularly keep reading it will be easier to keep a conversation going don’t you think? I’ll try to keep new posts of our classroom activities for you all to share with your families. Does your family read our blog?
      Thanks Ellen

Reply
      1. Emilia

Hello Ellen,

Thanks for replying so soon, And yes my parents read the blog but they just don’t have time to write some comments i’ll try to get them to soon!

Does your family read the blog too?

Thanks Emilia

Reply
        1. elleneisenkolb15 (Post author)

Hello Emilia,
          I had to adjust some of your display some of it just isn’t okay. Anyway I’m glad your folks read the blog.I have shown the blog to my siblings but my mother doesn’t use computers and she would not have a clue on how to navigate. I must bring my lap top over to her one day. Thanks for reminding me. I wonder what she’d say.
          Cheers Ellen

Reply
  10. Indi

Hello ellen,I think that video about what a blog is very important because it tells you how to use one and not to share your personal information.

from Indi

Reply