Hi
April 23

Farewell Mr Potter

Sadly we have had to say goodbye to our beloved sports teacher Mr Trevor Potter. He has decided the time was right to retire.

Many years ago, not long after I began working at Grange, Trevor and I decided to team up together with our respective classes and created what we affectionately called The Eisenpot Unit. We had a great time establishing lots of collaborative practices, many routines and practices which I maintain today, had their beginnings in the Unit.

Now anyone who knows Trevor, knows he likes to talk, that was indeed the case way back then, so to curb his monologues, I would at times perk my own voice up and over do the patronising singsong, happy voice. This irritated him, but achieved our objective in stopping him, so we could get on with things. So when we were asked to send a video message to Trevor, I knew exactly what memorable thing we could do.

Check out our message.. There were no rehearsals, I just asked the kids to answer me based on my questions, and to respond in exactly the same way as I said them.

We had fun.

Trevor’s farewell message from Ellen Eisenkolb on Vimeo.

What would you like to say to Mr Potter?

How do you feel about Mr Potter leaving?

What will you miss most?

Tags: , , ,

Posted April 23, 2017 by elleneisenkolb15 in category Health, Team work

27 thoughts on “Farewell Mr Potter

1. Cleo

I am missing Mr Potter because he does really good sport sessions with us and he is also a very generous man and he is very nice but he chose to retire and I cant make him come back.

I hope to see Mr Potter. Love from Cleo.

Reply
  2. Anonymous

Greetings Ellen,
    How are you? Camp Illawonga was great,
    By the way I think you told me that your question was “How do you think about Mr. Potter leaving.” Well I think that he was a very nice sport teacher and always helpful.
    From Montana.T

Reply
    1. elleneisenkolb15 (Post author)

Hello Montana,
      I am feeling a lot better now thank you. I’m glad you enjoyed Illawonga I knew you would everyone does. I wonder if Mr Potter has been reading these posts? He texted me that he wanted to reply. How are your speech preparations going? Looking forward to hearing your facts. Regards Ellen

Reply
  3. Anonymous

Hi I would like to say that Mr Potter was the best P.E teacher I’ve ever had. He taught me a lot of stuff from Matthew.

Reply
  4. Thomas

Hola Ellen,
    I feel upset that MR Potter has retired because I have leant lots of things from him and I want to lean more. he will always be my favorite P.E teacher from Thomas

Reply
    1. elleneisenkolb15 (Post author)

Oh Thomas, don’t be too sad, Mr P was a fabulous teacher and I know we’ll miss him. But he gets to put his feet up now and he wont have to blow his whistle any more. Now Mr Tom will need our help. What can you do?
      Cheers Ellen

Reply
  5. Ned

Hi MR Potter
    I really miss you being you were a great teacher and I like sport now and I like the games we did it was really fun with you here I wish you didn’t leave I’m playing basketball and tennis for I think 30 mins and basketball for 30 mins or 1 hour I don’t know it’s really fun.

From Ned.

Reply
  6. Anonymous

Hello Ellen,
    I feel sad that MR potter has left because he was a great sports teacher .I felt good when he was with us. I will miss him.
    Scarlett

Reply
    1. elleneisenkolb15 (Post author)

Howdy Scarlett,
      Yes it was sad to have to farewell Mr P. I think he knew you guys thought he was great he did love working with you. I wonder if Mr Tom will be as much fun?
      Regards Ellen

Reply
  7. Emily

Hi Ellen

I’m sad Mister Potter left the school but I think the video was funny. I miss him but the new running game is good. Do you like it too?

From Emily

Reply
    1. elleneisenkolb15 (Post author)

Greetings Emily,
      I’m glad you enjoyed the Corporate clump this morning, pity about the drizzle. Mr P taught me that system and it is great fun. I do like the way teams work together to get better scores. So how do you think your clump team will go?
      Regards Ellen

Reply
  8. sophie

Dear Ellen
    I would like to say to Mr Potter that he was a beautiful teacher and he is very kind and also I am very sad that he has left because he help me a lot and I will miss him a lot.
    Sophie

l

Reply
    1. elleneisenkolb15 (Post author)

Hello Sophie,
      What nice compliments to your old PE teacher I’m sure he would love to read them one day. I hope you’ll look after Mr Tom while he gets used to working with our class. Warm wished Ellen

Reply
  9. Anonymous

Hi Ellen I feel sad that Mr potter left the school last term because he was a great P.E teacher he was the best at it from Matthew.

Reply
    1. elleneisenkolb15 (Post author)

Howdy Matt,
      So what was it that MrP did that you really will miss? What do you think he is doing now? How do you think Mr Tom will go? I’d be interested to hear what he reckons about our class. Cheers Ellen

Reply
  10. Samuel

Hello Ellen,
    That video for Mr. Potter was very funny at the assembly. I think we should do some more class games.
    From Samuel

Reply
    1. elleneisenkolb15 (Post author)

Hi Samuel,
      I am more than happy to play games but of course we have to complete all our work first. Tricky that hey, we have so little time to get it all done…mm I wonder what we could do differently. Do you have any suggestions?
      I’d be happy to hear.
      Cheers Ellen

Reply
  11. Jett

Dear Ellen
    I miss mister potter I loved
    Him as a teacher I wish he
    Was back he is funny from
    Jett

Reply
    1. elleneisenkolb15 (Post author)

Hi Jett,
      Yes he was funny. In fact the days we worked together were sometimes very funny indeed, he was always being silly! Lucky I’m so serious heh.
      cheers Ellen

Reply
  12. Alejandro

Aloha Ellen
    I miss mister potter he was a great sports teacher. I started to cri when he leaft . I wished that he could come back.
    From Alejandro

Reply
    1. elleneisenkolb15 (Post author)

Hola Alex,
      I’m sure MrP would be quite touched to hear you miss him so. I reckon he will come and visit us on games day. That is always his favourite thing. We could show him how fast we have become with our running eh. What did you think of CClump this morning?
      Cheers Ellen

Reply
  13. Sabitri

Bonjour Ellen!

I loved the video we made for Mr. Potter we all were very funny. I feel sad that he is leaving because at sport he always had fun activities for us I will miss him. But I’m very proud of my handwriting I hope I have my pen license this term.

Reply
    1. elleneisenkolb15 (Post author)

Bonjour Sabitri,
      We did a fabulous job on the video and we never practiced once, are we good or what! Of course it is sad to say bye bye to Mr P but old folk do that… I reckon it’s time for me to retire too what do you think? We will start spelling next week so you can impress me with your dazzling handwriting I can’t wait.
      Cheers Ellen

Reply
  14. Phoebe

Apa karba Ellen
    What I would like to say to say to Mr. Potter is that he was a great P.E teacher and we will all miss him lots and lots! I feel very upset about him leaving because as I sad he was a great teacher. I will miss all the fun sport activities that we did! He was an awesome teacher and I would also like to say to him thank you for teaching and being an awesome teacher!
    From Phoebe

Reply
    1. elleneisenkolb15 (Post author)

Ti Kanis Phoebe,
      I think I will have to write to MrP so that he can read all these wonderful letters for himself. You have written so many thoughtful comments I’m sure he will miss you too. Yes we will miss him, do you think Mr Tom will be okay for us? Have you had him teach you before? How can you help him?
      Cheers Ellen

Reply