Hi
December 13

End of Year Celebratory Team Lunch

liteelfani

Tuesday is traditionally Party Day here at Grange Primary School. A time for classes to have their end of year class parties and have a fun day. Given we are a class that works together, thinks together and acts together. This day was not going to be an ordinary class party!

Ellen actually doesn’t do “class parties”, instead this was a chance for teams to get together to organise a festive shared lunch. To be a collaborative effort it meant that there was lots of negotiating, discussing and organising. As our school doesn’t endorse red foods, the menu needed to be healthy and foods that all team members could eat. Mind you as it was also a celebration, one red food per team was permitted (choose wisely).

There was lots of decision making as they realised planning menus can be tough, some members had allergies or were fussy eaters. Now they know the dilemma parents regularly face! This was also not a time to put demands on parents to cater, food needed to be organised or made by the students too.

animated_xmas_wreath_animation

Being nearly Christmas, they could bring decorative utensils, write up menus, placemats and bring other festive additions. I challenged them to turn our room into a festive restaurant. They were brilliant with their division of jobs and all teams worked well together to assemble a great healthy lunch with a spectacular Christmas theme.

ynoe289

We had won the Golden bin award for keeping our yard area tidy the week before, so we started the day using the sports equipment for some out door fun. But it was a really hot day, so we ended up back in the cool for some of our favourite co operative games.

• Door Keeper ( that was a new one)
  • Prisoners and Guards
  • Freeze frame
  • The Queen of Hearts is dead!
  • Countries

Oh what fun they are we were in stitches at times. Then it was time to set up. Teams were very busy working collaboratively together. Take a look.

We even asked a neighbouring teacher to judge their efforts and he found it very difficult as the creative spirit was every where. So we decided everyone was a winner today.

After a quick efficient cleanup and our lunch play we settled back to watch the BFG.

Congratulations my lovely elves you did a fabulous job working , thinking and acting together. I am proud of you the best shared lunch by far.

What did you enjoy the most about today.

What would you do differently?

If you could change the movie which one would you pick.

Tags: , , , , ,

Posted December 13, 2016 by elleneisenkolb15 in category Arts, Health, Literacy, Team work, Technology

2 thoughts on “End of Year Celebratory Team Lunch

1. Kiara

Hi Ella
    Merry Christmas to you and your family and friends I hope you have a very good Christmas I hope you get lots of presents and gifts. I really like how you set up your table for shared lunch I really like how you brang the wine glasses. What else did you bring Ella?
    Merry Christmas
    Regards Kiara

Reply
  2. Ruby

Merry Christmas Tyla,
    Thank you for being my friend this year I hope that we are in the same class next year it is going to be scary and exciting at the same time because we get to find out who are our teachers for next year.

From Ruby

Reply