Hi
September 1

CAT partners

Cross Age Tutoring

Our CAT buddies for 2015 are a wonderful group of year one students and their teacher Mrs Kate Monaco. As the older tutors this year it is our responsibility to model responsible learning when we support our partners with different tasks.

animal_cat1

We had recently helped Kate’s class with their week of doing Random acts of Kindness. They explained to us that showing kindness was easy and that being random meant no one has asked you do be nice and caring, you just did it. It was fun to be caring for others and making people feel okay. We discussed the things that being kind meant and what we could do.

massachusetts_tabby

They had come up with an idea to make a bookmark that advertised random acts of kindness and had lovely words to make the reader feel good. Then the CAT buddies would place them secretly in various books in the library. As the borrower began to read a book they would get a lovely surprise. We thought that was a beautiful and thoughtful idea so we were eager to help.

DSC08298 DSC08299 DSC08300 DSC08301

Our CAT buddies had a lot of kind words to write on these bookmarks and we had fun decorating them to make them eye catching and attractive. Tying the ribbons was challenge but we got there.

maine_cat

Quietly we were able to hide them in some library books. We hope the people who found them had a great day. It costs nothing to be kind to someone and like a boomerang kindness finds its way back to you. Here’s a thought, many years ago when Kate was a student in year three, she had a kind teacher called Ellen and now she has returned (just like a boomerang) as a teacher and kindly let us work with her students.

Tags: , , , ,

Posted September 1, 2015 by elleneisenkolb15 in category Arts, Integrated Tasks, Literacy, Team work

9 thoughts on “CAT partners

1. elleneisenkolb15 (Post author)

Greetings Tate,
      You are quite right it has been a while since we met up with our CAT partner. Perhaps I should talk to Mrs Monaco, with Christmas coming up soon there might be some interesting things we could do together. thanks for reminding me.

Looks like the Grange oval is part of your back yard in the evenings, you guys seemed to be having fun together.
      Yours truly
      Ellen

Reply
  1. Emilia

Talofa Ellen And Class,

I loved working with our Cat Partners and doing RAK with them!
    Are everybody cat partners doing well?

It’s a shame that we haven’t caught up with them in a while!

I hope to see them soon and I’m sure you do too!

EMILIA
    *********

Reply
    1. Alicia

Howdy Tia
      I do like buddies Tia I think of it as experiencing something new with someone else I really like that our buddies are younger than us because we can teach them things and not them teaching us new things because we have the chance to teach them new things. I like my C.A.T buddies this year because she is a nice person and appreciates me her name is Lily. Do you like your C.A.T buddy this year Tia because I think that if you like your C.A.T buddy than you work well together do you agree Tia? i think that you will be a great C.A.T buddy next year because you are kind, generous and a lovley person and any one would love to be your C.A.T buddy.

Kind regards
      Alicia

Reply
    1. elleneisenkolb15 (Post author)

Hello Ava, That’s a great thing to say and I agree when you do something for someone else you feel good too. When the person doesn’t even know that makes it even more special. Have you continued to do other RAK?
      Ellen

Reply